Friday, March 2, 2012

When the future is now...

Mason is growing up so fast. He's mobile now. Not quite walking yet, but he's a champion crawler. He is the light of my life. I can't even believe I had a life before him.

In the past few months since I last posted I was diagnosed with PCOS told I'd lost a fallopian tube to my postpartum infection and lost another baby. A friend of mine that I would consider a sister lost her baby at almost 9 weeks and that really put my loss into prospective. We didn't even know we were pregnant until it was over. It hurt, but it could have been much worse. It was strange. My heart grieved for her loss and barely recognized mine. I guess another early loss is far more tangible in the scheme of things. Two years ago I'd be a inconsolable mess, but life has changed. The Earth moved on and so did I.

I guess my biggest news is that we are starting treatments again. My doctor believes that my endometriosis is getting worse very quickly so it was suggested that we start trying again now if we are thinking about having another baby. Realistically I would like to wait another year or so, but plans change and I've learned to roll with the punches.

It's slowly becoming real to me. The meds are ordered and my insurance company just approved them. So within the next few weeks I commence my status as a human science project.

Looks like I'll be posting more often now. Lucky you!

No comments:

Post a Comment