Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hello and Welcome to My Blog!

My name is Olivia. I am 28 years old and have been married to the love of my life, Gary, for 3 and a half years. We've been together for 10 years this coming July and have been trying on and off for a baby for almost 4 years. We got pregnant in May of 2004, but lost our little one that June. We thought that since I had already gotten pregnant that it would be easy for us. Unfortunately nothing is easy for us. We've been through 5 cycles of clomid, 1 cycle of femara, 4 IUIs (intrauterine insemination aka artificial insemination), and 1 failed IVF. We are currently struggling to afford our next IVF because our insurance company doesn't cover any of it.

I intend this blog to be a place where I can be completely honest about what I am going through and hopefully our journey will be able to help someone else in the same situation. Infertility isn't easy, it isn't fun, but it is survivable.

I've been blogging on my livejournal account on and off for quite sometime, but I felt it was too isolated. I may once in a while repost something from there as I look back over our journey. Feel free to comment or ask questions. I'm a very open person and not at all shy about what I've gone through to try to become a mother.

1 comment:

  1. I love you sweetheart! I'm here to hear it all and support you 100%.

    ReplyDelete